|Role type||Individual Contributor|
Are you looking forward to a career in finance? Microsoft’s finance internship opportunity has the training you need to get your career in finance underway. You will have the opportunity to develop strong business acumen, enhance your personal management competencies and walk away with a valuable transferable skill set. We know you will find the work at Microsoft both challenging and rewarding, and we believe your contribution will be meaningful – one that will offer a high level of personal satisfaction.
Another Internship OECD Internship Program In France 2021
The Finance Intern role has 3 primary functions: Revenue Reporting, Statutory Requirements and Business Analysis. Typical activities and impact within these 3 functions include:
- Prepare, update and maintain standard management reporting to meet the needs of different business segments.
- Create and modify business processes, reporting metrics and ad hoc reports for various end users to drive financial results.
- Update daily/weekly/monthly/Adhoc revenue analysis & other reports as per the requirements of end users.
- Provide monthly close analysis on revenue variances, growth and key metrics
- Partner with Finance team to maintain the relevance and accuracy of reports within a diverse and dynamic business environment.
- Assist internal business segments by troubleshooting data issues and perform variance analysis; analyze causes and provide resolutions.
- Support Finance Team and facilitate cross-functional collaboration with business segments.
- Perform Customers, Partners & Suppliers reconciliations as & when required.
- Follow-up on the execution of different investment initiatives for timely completion of the projects and booking of cost in relevant period.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field (pursuing with at least one quarter/semester remaining after the internship).
- Available for 6-8 month consecutive internship starting September, 2021.
- Intermediate to advanced levels in Microsoft Excel, Power BI and Access.
- Knowledge of Pivot Tables and formula creation is a necessity.
- Knowledge of macros, spreadsheet modeling and database skills are definite assets.
- Strong business/accounting acumen, with excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
Refine your resume
What information should I include?
We want to hear about your latest accomplishments, your strengths, and how specific skills might be applied to a position at Microsoft. Be sure to highlight your accomplishments in previous jobs—not just your duties. Do you have past projects to share? Include them as attachments or links to give us a better sense of your style.
How long should my resume be?
It’s okay to use more than one page. That said, be sure your summaries are succinct and relevant—and that your most important information figures prominently on the first page.
Should I list extracurricular and volunteer work?
Yes, help us get to know you better by telling us a little bit about the things that you’re passionate about both in and outside of the workplace.
What are the top traits you look for in a potential candidate?
The specific questions we ask will depend on the position you’re applying for, but all our questions are intended to help us understand your capabilities and potential to grow. Generally, we look for a strong desire to learn, high intelligence, a passion for technology, willingness to work hard, rock-solid skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a desire to excel.
I’ve submitted my resume. Now what?
Our recruiters review job applicants for each opening and reach out to those who appear to be a strong match with the position.But even if you’re not contacted for the job you applied for, your information will go into our recruiter’s shared candidate database, which means you may be contacted for other opportunities within Microsoft at a later date.