An opportunity to attend the Green Talents Science Forum with a research stay in Germany for master’s and doctoral researchers 2021 (fully funded). Every year, on the basis of research potential for sustainable development, talented international candidates are hosted by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research. Also this year, the Green Talents competition in Germany 2021 welcomes you from various scientific disciplines. If you have innovative ideas and want to be a promising scientist, this opportunity is for you.
About the Green Talents Forum
This competition awards the candidate a young researcher who makes endless efforts for the betterment of his community and country. In cooperation with German experts, all participants will be able to contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
The theme of the German Green Talent competition 2021 is the Sustainable Development Goals. All candidates interested in their application must state that, in any of the SDGs, they will contribute through their research.
Why would you choose Green Talents Forum?
All candidates must apply individually and not as a team. This program will assess your potential and motivations as an individual. Students enrolled in master’s or doctoral degree programs will be eligible to apply. The award for this scholarship consists of two parts, the first part includes an invitation to attend a two-week virtual science forum, and the other part consists of a fully funded residency in Germany from your choice of institute to conduct research.
- Host country: Germany
- Host organization: The participant can choose the host institute of his choice throughout Germany.
- Qualification level: Master’s degree level – Doctoral degree level
- Program duration: 6 to 12 weeks
- Application Deadline: – All interested candidates must apply no later than May 19, 2021.
Funding provided at the Green Talents Forum
The award for this scholarship consists of two parts:
- The first part includes an invitation to attend a two-week virtual science forum in which the participant explores international meetings, popular research facilities, workshops, scientific sessions, and an excellent research structure.
- The other part consists of a fully funded residency in Germany from your choice of institute to conduct research.
- The research residence will be fully funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
- A fully funded research stay in Germany (for a period of up to 3 months) at one of the research institutes of your choice. This residency will be in the following year of the Forum (2022).
- Create a strong network of relationships with a group of young talents, researchers and Green Talents alumni.
- Scientific lectures given by a group of institutes, agencies and leading companies in the field of sustainability. During these lectures, you will be exposed to the latest research and projects carried out by these institutions.
- Access to a large number of workshops devoted to achieving the sustainable development goals, which would support you at the professional and scientific level.
- An official online award ceremony was held to honor the graduates, in the presence of a group of high-profile guests.
Conditions for applying
- The candidate must be enrolled in a master’s or doctoral degree program or a degree that should not have completed more than 3 years.
- The candidate must be willing to conduct research related to the SDGs.
- The applicant should have a strong interest in sustainable development and be involved in related research.
- The candidate should have work experience of no more than 3 years after completing the degree.
- The candidate will be given priority on the basis of academic excellence.
- The candidate should have a good command of English.
- Residents of Germany are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
- All interested candidates must read the eligibility criteria before filling out the Green Talent 2021 application.
- Have all the required documents ready.
- Grade / Transcript: You must attach a detailed transcript.
- Recommendation letter: – You must attach at least one letter of recommendation (provided that it is not more than six months old), and this letter should focus on your activities and your career as a scientist. Note that this letter must be signed by the testator himself. Accepted formats are PDF, PNG or JPG, word files will not be accepted.
- Test certificate: – You must indicate your level of English with a certificate that you attach to your application.
- Graduation Certificate: – You must attach the graduation certificate to the last academic degree you have obtained. – In the event that you have recently enrolled in one of the graduate studies programs (Master or PhD), attach your graduation certificate with the enrollment letter for the current study program.
- Create an account on the official opportunity website from here.
- Fill out the application form carefully from here.
- Applications or documents to be sent via email will not be accepted.
You can see FAQ from here