Scholarships can help you reach your goal
If you are a student wishing to study in Australia, you can now apply for the Griffith University scholarship to study master’s and doctoral degrees for the academic year 2021-2022, which the university offers to international students of different nationalities around the world, for those who wish to complete their postgraduate studies in Australia.
PhD and research degree scholarships can cover tuition fees, overseas student health cover, living allowances paid as stipends and relocation allowances.
Applications received at other times are considered on a case-by-case basis with scholarships awarded to high quality applicants. These include applicants from Australian institutions graduating in trimester/semester 1 who wish to commence in trimester 2.
Some scholarship opportunities will also be offered throughout the year for particular research areas. Please refer to the list of scholarships below for more details on individual scholarship opportunities.
There are additional scholarship schemes available to current candidates, including travel grants, completion assistance and publication assistance scholarships. Please refer to the list of scholarships below for more information.
The Griffith University International Postgraduate Research Scholarship is available during the University’s annual PhD and research degree scholarship application round. The GUIPRS covers tuition fees for the applicant for up to three years for doctoral candidates and up to two years for research masters candidates. In addition, the scholarship covers Overseas Student Health Cover for the applicant and any dependant/s for the duration of the scholarship.
Research candidates are required to hold a visa for their program length plus an additional eight months to allow for interactive thesis marking. Candidates undertaking a PhD will require 57 months of overseas health cover.
Holders of Griffith University scholarships will receive cover (if undertaking a PhD) for the first 42 months of their program and will be required to pay the remaining 15 months (and provide evidence of coverage) at the time of accepting their offer.
About Griffith University
Griffith University was established in 1971 and is considered the highest Australian university that offers degrees and postgraduate studies in many different fields, because the university is a research university in the first place, so many students around the world want to complete their postgraduate studies at that university.
- Host country: Australia.
- University: Griffith University.
- Academic stages: Masters and PhD.
- Application deadline: October 11, 2021
Duration of study on the Scholarship
Australian to 2 years for Masters students and 3 years for PhD students. GUIPRS The security software contract may be received
Study programs available at Griffith University
- Information Technology.
- The environment.
- Architecture and construction.
- Visual and creative arts.
- Law and criminology.
- Music and performing arts.
- social science.
Eligibility Criteria and Admission to Griffith University Scholarships
International students from all countries of the world can apply for the scholarship, including Arab students.
Students who are Australian residents cannot apply for the scholarship or have citizenship.
Students previously awarded scholarships in Australia are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship advantages and funding
- The university bears all costs and tuition fees for the duration of the scholarship.
- Provides health insurance for students and their families if they are with them for a period of up to 40 months.
- Availability of a monthly stipend.
- Provides free accommodation.
The GUIPRS is available to international applicants who are commencing or enrolled in a research program (for which RTP support is available). A GUIPRS will not be awarded to a candidate who is in receipt of an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth Government designed to offset research program tuition fees. Applicants should refer to current GUIPRS conditions of award (PDF, 173k) for further details.
Applications for research scholarships as part of the Annual Scholarship Round at Griffith University are firstly processed within the Griffith Graduate Research School. It is at this point that applications are initially reviewed for eligibility for entry into Griffith PhD and research programs.
Following this initial review, applications are then forwarded to the appropriate schools, departments or research centres for academic staff to assess applications for both entry into Griffith PhD and research programs, and for consideration for a scholarship. All applications are then assessed by the Dean (Research) of the relevant Group and the Dean, Griffith Graduate Research School, to arrive at an outcome against the selection criteria.
Applications that are recognised as meeting the selection criteria requirements for scholarship consideration are then assessed and ranked in an order of merit, in the proposed host school, department, research centre, and academic group. The order of merit is based on the Higher Degree Research Scholarship Policy and takes into consideration:
- Academic merit, with emphasis on the results attained in the qualification with the substantial research component but also taking into account the grades of any other eligible qualification, as applicable
- The international standing of the institution at which the qualification with the substantial research component was completed.
- Research background, including the quality of the eligible research outputs included as evidence in an application, as well as the applicant’s contribution to these outputs; and the level and duration of sustained research experience and evidence of how the research activity undertaken bears upon and enhances the applicant’s research capacity, with regard to the proposed research
- The compatibility/fit of the proposed research with university/academic group research priorities, and
- The compatibility/fit between the applicant, research environment, and supervision.
The University’s Higher Degree Research Scholarship Ranking Committee meets to establish a university-wide Order of Merit List. Through this process, scholarships are awarded to the highest ranking applicants in this university-wide Order of Merit.
The documents and papers required to apply
- A copy of a valid passport.
- Previous academic certificates “translated into English.”
- Curriculum Vitae .
- Research plan or proposal.
- Any certificates that may be as important as test certificates.
How to apply
- New applicants must follow the process for submitting an online application for a higher degree by research program, which also includes a section for scholarship application. You can access the online application here.
- Current research candidates are required to follow a different process for submitting a scholarship application. Details can be found here.
- Applicants may only apply a maximum of two times in a five year period for consideration in the scholarship ranking and selection process.