Founded in 1969, the University of Texas at Dallas is an open research university that offers more than 140 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs across its eight academic colleges.
While studying at this university, you will be able to learn some of the most innovative subjects and interact with well-known scholars who will guide you through your school years.
- Application deadline: May 14, 2021
- University: The University of Texas at Dallas
- Department: Johnson School
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Country of study in the USA
Funding provided in the Scholarships
The University of Texas at Dallas will provide tuition fees for successful undergraduate candidates.
The Jonsson School offers multiple merit-based scholarships to continuing full-time engineering and computer science majors. Other scholarship support is a factor in the selection process.
Jonsson School Academic Success Awards are offered to continuing freshman, sophomore and junior students, when funds are available. These awards are made possible by funding from the Excellence in Education Scholarship Endowment and the Williams Communications Solutions Scholarship Endowment. Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science Endowed Scholarships are also offered to continuing freshman, sophomore and junior students when funds are available. Qualified students will be automatically considered for these awards; no application is needed.
The Jonsson School also offers a number of competitive scholarships supported by industry and other groups which require an application.
- Carefully review criteria for each open scholarship by clicking on the named scholarship below
- Common Application Form accessible with UTD netID
- The Scott Wuensch Memorial Scholarship requires a separate application. The application link is located in its criteria section.
- Application for Fall 2021 awards is open April 5, 2021 – 5:00pm May 14, 2021
Conditions for submission
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: A bachelor’s degree will be awarded in any major offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Citizen / permanent resident / international student
- A full-time or full-time junior student earning an undergraduate degree offered by the Department of Computer Science (CS, SE, or Data Science) at Jonsson School
- Merit-based academic – a minimum GPA of 3.3
- Among equally eligible applicants, preference will be given to students who (1) demonstrate the greatest potential for success in the field of computer science and software engineering and (2) demonstrate leadership capabilities, community volunteer work, or work experience.
- The recipient must sign a FERPA release form that allows UT Dallas to use the application materials for scholarship purposes
How To Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants are not required to submit a separate application for this program. Candidates who have applied for early admission to an approved course for this application will automatically be considered.
- Supporting documents: The university will not require any additional documents, but there is a possibility to request admission.
- Admission requirements: To take admission, applicants must meet all university admission requirements.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.