The program is designed to provide educational opportunities for academically distinguished students from Member States and Muslim communities in non-member countries to pursue full-time study for Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctorate degrees with the aim of building the appropriate competencies required with a special focus. In sustainability sciences to empower societies and assist them in achieving national and global development plans including the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Programme is designed to provide educational opportunities for the academically meritorious students from member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries to pursue a full-time study for Undergraduate, Masters’ and PhD degree aiming to build the right competencies required with a special focus on sustainability sciences to empower communities and to assist them in achieving their national and global development plans including the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Programmes are important parts of the developmental initiatives led by the Bank since 1983 to foster technology and knowledge sharing among its member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries. They are designed to attract talented male and female students and in order to build the right competencies required with a special focus on sustainability sciences to empower communities and to assist them in achieving their national and global development plans including the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The motto is to develop the students/researchers as Good Citizens & Competent Professionals (GCCPs).
The Bank funds and implements its scholarship programs as part of its overall efforts to develop the human resources of its member countries and those of the Muslim communities in non-member countries.
There are six scholarship programmes offered by IsDB:
- PhD and Post-Doctoral Research Programme
- IsDB-ISFD for Technical Vocational Education & Training (TVET) for 21 Least Developed Member Countries (LDMCs): Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, The Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somali, Sudan, Togo, Uganda, and Yemen
- IsDB-ISFD Bachelor studies for 21 LDMCs as mentioned in No. 4 above
- IsDB-The World Academy of Science (TWAS) Joint Programme for Capacity Building and Technology Transfer
The IsDB Scholarship Programme is more than just a scholarship programme in the traditional sense of a straight financial assistance to the outstanding and qualified students. It is also a tool for the improvement of the socio-economic conditions of the Member Countries and Muslim communities.It is basically a scholarship programme and a development programme at the same time, since the scholarship is given as an interest-free-loan (Qard Hasan) to the students and as a grant to their communities /countries to which they belong.
The students are required to fulfil the obligations detailed, under each programme, after graduation and gainful employment. Besides, the students are also required to take part in the development of their communities/countries, through their respective professions. The repaid fund will be used to provide scholarships to other students from the same community/country to complement the IsDB Programme and to ensure its continuity in the long run, while the community development services rendered by the students and graduates will contribute to the overall development of the community/country.
The IsDB also expects its students to play a leading role in assisting the development of their communities/countries. In other words, the IsDB aims to produce Good Citizens and Competent Professionals (GCCPs).
All the above features and measures are linked together in an integrated manner to constitute the basic concepts that characterize the IsDB Scholarship Programme as a “Distinct Community-Oriented Development Programme”.
- Host universities: Turkish universities
- Country of study: Turkey
- Study level: Bachelor / Master / PhD
- Application deadline: April 15, 2021
Funding provided in the Scholarships
- Round-trip airline tickets.
- study fees
- Preparatory year for studying the Turkish language.
- Monthly stipend (a salary of 1800 TL for undergraduate students / 2100 TL for master students / 2600 TL for doctoral students).
- University housing.
- And health insurance.
Conditions for submission
- Must be a citizen of any of the IsDB member countries or Muslim communities in non-member countries.
- The applicant must be from non-member countries a Muslim.
- Must have a high school diploma or enrolled in one of the top 10 public universities in his country.
- The applicant must have at least 70% of the final cumulative GPA in the high school diploma.
- A field of study must be chosen within the approved specializations for the program.
- Evidence of language proficiency must be provided in the language of study. The language proficiency must be supported by a document or certificate, for example, for the English language, a recognized language certificate such as TOEFL or IELTS, or passing the required level test conducted by the British Council, for example, or any equivalent system in French or other languages.
- A certified translation in English or French must be submitted for all documents if the original is in another language.
- The candidate must not be in possession of any other scholarship at the time of application and during the study.
- He must be medically fit and ready to undergo post-selection medical examinations.
TIMETABLE FOR APPLICATIONS
|15th March 2021||The Scholarship Portal opens for applications|
|15th April 2021||Deadline for the Applications|
|April-May 2021||Review of Applications|
|June-July 2021||Interviews for short-listed Applicants|
|August 2021||Announcement of Results|
|September 2021||Students’ Onboarding (Visa and Travel to Turkey)|