About Al Qasimia University:
Al Qasimia University was established by an Emiri Decree issued by His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Muhammad Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council, Ruler of Sharjah, No. (2) for the year 2013, regarding the establishment of an Arab Islamic University in the Emirate of Sharjah called “Al Qasimia University”.
The university is located in a privileged location in the University City of Sharjah, and contains an environmentally friendly campus, built with the latest systems according to the highest standards, combining the beauty of Islamic architecture with the splendor of designs.
The faculties in the university vary, there are colleges for men and others for female students, and these colleges are: the College of Sharia and Islamic Studies, the College of the Holy Qur’an, the College of Arts and Humanities, the College of Communication, and the College of Economics. Every other college has a corresponding faculty for female students. Each college includes 17 classrooms, 12 offices for faculty members, and the office of the college dean and assistant dean.
- The scholarship program is limited to students admitted to the university from outside the UAE only.
- The scholarship student receives a monthly reward determined by the University (according to regulations and decisions).
- The monthly reward is paid during the summer semester only for enrolled students.
- The study is obligatory in the summer semester (due to the nature of study and the students at the university)
- The scholarship student is entitled for one ticket (round trip) after completing half of the total hours of his specialization provided that his semester average and cumulative should not be less than 2.00 points (throughout the study period).
- The university is responsible for all the procedures of residence and the issuance of ID cards of students.
- The university provides health insurance for all students.
- The university provides adequate accommodation.
- The university only provides on-campus transportation.
- If the student does not attend on time, the arrival visa will be cancelled.
- The student is granted a return ticket to his country after graduation.
Terms and conditions of Scholarship and Graduation Award
- Registering in courses every semester is a must with no withdrawal or discontinuation.
- Student’s GPA & TGPA in each term must be at least 2.00 (70%) to keep the scholarship.
- If a scholarship student’s GPA or TGPA for any regular term is lower than 2.00 (70%), scholarship terms and conditions apply.
- Scholarship students must be completely dedicated for study and are not allowed to work during their study period at the University. In case any student violates this condition, their scholarship will be terminated.
- Scholarship students who join the Intensive Arabic Language Program must complete this program successfully within a maximum period of one academic year, and then they will join one of the available majors according to the admission terms and the availability of seats in each major. If they fail, the University regulations and rules apply.
- Students must be committed to follow the University rules along with all ethical & behavioral regulations on campus.
- Students are not allowed to withdraw from the University or leave the country without prior permission from the University.
First: Colleges and Scientific Disciplines
Duration of study at Al Qasimia University colleges is four years, (excluding time required for completion of program of Arabic for non-native speakers). A student is required to achieve (129-135) credit hours to acquire a bachelor in one of the following majors:
|1||Sharia & Islamic Studies||Bachelor of Sharia & Islamic Studies|
|2||Arts & Humanities||Bachelor of Arab language & literature|
|3||Communication||Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication|
|4||Economics||Bachelor of Arts in Economics|
Second: Instructional language in our colleges and the educational system
- Arabic is the language of instruction in the colleges of Sharia & Islamic Studies, Arts & Humanities, and the College of Holy Quran.
- Non-Arabic speaker students are required to pass an Arabic placement test to determine the college most suitable for their direct admission; otherwise, they shall be required to attend (for one or two semesters at most) the non-native speakers program at the Languages Center.
Third: Bachelor Programs Admission Requirements
1. Holders of the General Secondary Certificate or what is equivalent
- Get a rate of success of not less than 70% to be eligible to join any of the abovementioned colleges.
- Students who got the Religious Secondary Certificate at a rate of (75% or more) are allowed to join College of Sharia & Islamic Studies or the College of Holy Quran.
- Students who got the Commercial Secondary Certificate at a rate of (80% or more) from accredited schools or institutes are allowed to apply for the College of Economics.
- Under any circumstance, study at the secondary stage must not be less than three (3) years.
2. Student Admission Basic Fundamentals
- Applicants should record their desires for colleges arranged according to their interests.
- Approved applicants are distributed to colleges in light of the numbers planned to be admitted to every college and in accordance with their interests of study, average sequence and the numbers devoted to each State.
- Secondary certificates obtained from outside the UAE must be equalized to those issued in it.
- A student must be previously dismissed from Al Qasimia University, or any other University or Higher Institute for disciplinary or academic reasons.
- At that time of application, the secondary certificate or its equivalent must not be older than three (3) years.
- Applicants must not be more than 20 years at the time of application.
- Students will not be allowed to regularly attend their courses unless they complete the required documents.
- Students’ admission will be conducted according to the numbers planned to be admitted to every college. Preference in selection among students will be on the basis of higher marks, fresh graduation and young age.
Fourth: Required Documents
- The original secondary certificate.
- The original transcripts for the secondary stage grades (tenth – eleventh – twelfth).
- Endorsement of all the required certificates from the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country of issuance and the UAE Embassy in that country. In case the UAE has no Embassy in a country, certificates are to be endorsed from any Arab country embassy in this country.
- Legal translation of non-Emirati certificates into Arabic or English language and endorsing them from the abovementioned parties.
- Submission of what states that the Ministry of Education in the country of issuance acknowledges the institute or school awarding the certificate, and that their graduates can join the public Universities therein.
- Translation of the passport into the Arabic language and endorsement of the translated copy from both the Ministry of Education of the student’s own country and the UAE Embassy therein.
- A full completed application form.
- A copy of the student’s passport valid for not less than one year.
- 12 modern, colorful personal photos measuring (3×4) with white background.
- A copy of a valid certificate of a good conduct and behavior with a legal translation for its content into Arabic or English.
- A copy of (the birth certificate) or what alike, with a legal translation for its content in case the data is not written in Arabic or English.
- Health Fitness Certificate issued by a government hospital in the student’s own country stating that he is free from all the infectious diseases, and is endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country of issuance.