For those of you who would like to experience the unique research environment and opportunities available at the GIST, the Global Intern Program (GIP) offers a wonderful opportunity to experience research at GIST by having you join a research lab for eight weeks during the summer to receive valuable training and mentoring from the lab’s professor. It will be an opportunity to help you decide if pursuing an advanced degree at GIST is right for you while gaining valuable research experience.
It is a very competitive fully funded internship opportunity. In this program, all trainees will be able to develop innovation in technology and science. Through this global training program in South Korea, students will collaborate in education with research and learning in a better way.
Eligibility for Applicants
GIP Research Field
The Global Intern Program is designed to provide knowledge and skills in the areas of:
- School of Environmental Science and Engineering
- Department of Biomedical Sciences and Engineering
- School of Physics and Chemistry
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- College of Life Sciences
- Institute of Integrated Technology
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Half of Round-trip Airfare
- Dormitory Accommodation
- Korean Language Class
- Cultural Class
- Special Lectures
- Health Insurance
- Culture Exploration
2021 Global Intern Program (Jan 29(Fri) ~ March 12(Fri))
The online application is open during the designated periods only.
Documents required to apply
- Scanned original degree certificates
- Scanned originals
- recommendation Letter
- English Proficiency Test
- Create an account with your email address
- Complete the online application form and upload the following required documents
- Original(Official) Degree Certificates (ex. Diploma, Certificate of Enrollment/Graduation, etc.)
- Original(Official) Transcripts; All in English
- Letter of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency Test Result (or certificate stating the language/medium of instruction is English)
* Applicants must make sure to press the “Submit” button after completing their applications. (Application may not be revised once it is submitted).
- Check GIP eligibility requirements. GIP is only for undergraduate seniors or for master’s degree students. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements application forms will not be considered.
- Applicants should indicate two preferred laboratories in the application form and upload the research plan. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- By applying for the GIP program, you are agreeing to abide by GIST regulations and Korean law. Failure to abide by GIST regulations or Korean law will result in immediate dismissal at your own expense.
- Each individual School/Department has their own process to select interns, and the Section of International Cooperation (SAP) has no ability to influence that processor to alter the decision. Furthermore, SAP is not provided with any information regarding why an applicant may or may not have been selected.
- Depending on the COVID-19 situation, this program can be altered including having an online component.
- [Financial Implications for foreigners diagnosed with COVID-19 in Korea]: Korea adheres to the principle of financial reciprocity regarding costs related to COVID-19 incurred by foreigners. Therefore, in Korea, you would be “FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR COSTS” related to a COVID-19 diagnosis and treatment(Quarantine, Hospitalization, Medical Costs, etc.) that a Korean national would incur in your home country.
- PCR(Negative) Test Result should be submitted taken within 72 hours before entering to Korea.
Contact GIP Committee
Section of Internationa Relations
3F Adminstration Bldg. Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
123 Cheomdan-gwagiro, Buk-gu, Gwangju 61005, Republic of Korea
- Tel : +82-62-715-6254
- Fax : +82-62-715-6259
- E-mail: [email protected]